Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why bother with Socratic Seminar?

List the reasons why:
  • I should bother studying world history.
  • I should bother studying literature.
  • I should bother studying language arts.
  • I should bother studying geography.

2 comments:

HarriSON said...

Mr. Dye

Hey! This is Harrison, if you could, I would like it if you looked at my blog and see of you can see the posts that I posted.


-Harrison

lizzie said...

world history has a whole spectrum of benefits, and even as such, different people will be benefited in their own way.
For some, learning about history gives them a chance have an experience through the eyes of another, for others they need to learn about others to break down prejudices, some people look at history as something that they can always trust, history won't lie to them, and if they need to, that is where they can turn to for help. An example would be looking at the past and relating cause and effect, or seeing an example of great courage and looking up to it.
I think the lost for history could go on and on, I don't there is a limit to the benefits we receice from history.
Literature is just as complex in my mind. Literature opens the door from ourselves and what we have seen and experienced to anyones experiences(for instance, history is told through stories, though literature), to characters who may not exist but with that figure we have a better understanding, even to understanding our own experiences better.

Keyboard is going whack, I apologize, I'll finis post later. :P